Head of People Operations / Moov Experience Manager
Moov is an Angel and Venture funded startup in San Francisco that has built the world’s first interactive equipment re-purpose and asset management platform utilizing a modern tech stack. Our mission is to make it as easy as humanly possible for businesses to buy, sell, and manage equipment.
We are FAST and PASSIONATE moovers. Only 2 years young, and today, we are one of the fastest-growing manufacturing equipment marketplaces in the world. We have a seasoned team with a combined experience of over 40 years in servicing manufacturers. We service over 200 customers around the world, including universities, labs, and many more.
We recently closed our second round of funding and are out to grow to be the channel through which every manufacturing company handles all their capital assets. To do that, we are expanding our team and wanting to work with a dynamic group of individuals who respect one another, value empathetic leadership, lead by example, work collaboratively, and are wildly passionate about their role.
Our company values include:
- Moov FAST
- 80% Results come from 20% Effort
- Take Ownership
- Going The Extra Mile
- Less is More
- Only Outcomes Matter
- Communication is Leadership
About the Role
As Head of People, you will report directly to the CEO daily. We’re a small team at the moment, so this role will be part-time, at least at the start, with the intention of being full time as we ramp up. You will own all people related tasks at Moov, from when our candidates first hear about us, to when they need support as full-time employees, to when we are celebrating their 3 year anniversaries with Moov.
Your core responsibilities may include :
- Owning and redesigning our recruitment life-cycle, including lead generation, screenings, interview process, offers, and onboarding.
- Own and improve the onboarding/orientation process for new hires.
- Establish manager training.
- Work closely with the founders and key individuals to hands-on recruit, develop and retain top talent (source and screen) for a number of roles simultaneously.
- Deliver on ambitious hiring targets in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ensure every candidate has a delightful experience regardless of the outcome.
- Further our best practices for diversity and inclusion.
- Work with the existing team to build out values and culture and how that can infiltrate our lives at work.
- Revamp current processes and internal documents related to HR.
- Define and drive Moov's employer branding strategy.
- Help define and manage compensation and benefits.
- Facilitate onboarding, making sure new joiners are provided with all required documentation and information for their first day and journey through Moov;
- Manage off-boarding including process, communication, exit-survey/interview, and separation agreement;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Execute on ad hoc projects that support broader People Ops objectives and strategy.
- You live and uphold our Moov company values.
- You value honest communication and frequent constructive feedback.
- You love having goals and expectations and thrive on high performance.
- You are process-oriented; detailed oriented, and are able to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment;
- You have excellent writing and communication skills.
- You enjoy and thrive in the early-stage startup environment where things are fluid and anything is possible.
- You love maximizing on results and being resourceful.
- You have a strong drive to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- You are experienced working in an HR department of a small to mid-size startup
- You have excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Brand: You have deep experience building an employer brand that is a talent magnet through non-traditional content development.
- You are passionate about building teams and delivering an exceptional candidate experience
- You have proven abilities to attract passive candidates and build a diverse and high-quality pipeline
- Bonus: Experience recruiting for senior-level roles (i.e., VP and above).
We believe in rewarding our team and creating an environment that is fulfilling and collaborative. Being part of Moov means you should expect:
- Competitive, flexible base/equity compensation package
- Flexible time off (only outcomes matter!)
- Top tier health, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered meals from top local restaurants
- A pet-friendly office, right in the heart of SoMa
- Complimentary coffee, tea, drinks and delicious snacks
As a team we:
- Meet weekly for team check-ins.
- Meet monthly for a company all-hands meetings.
- Volunteer twice a year at reputable charities.
- Go out bi-monthly for team outings.
- Play on sports leagues together.
- Host a crazy and fun holiday party every year!
Still with us? Let’s get Moovin!