We are expanding our team in Tempe, AZ, and want to work with a dynamic group of individuals who respect one another, value empathetic leadership, lead by example, work collaboratively, and are passionate about building the gold standard for companies in our industry.
About the Role:
Moov Technologies is looking for an Engineering Leader and Staff Full-Stack Engineer “Builder". This opportunity is about building a great engineering organization from the ground level, influencing and impacting the company's engineering culture and practices as we are heading into the growth stage. As an Engineering Leader, you’ll also be designing and developing systems and features from the ground up and working with our engineering team. You will be highly influential in building Moov’s customer-facing and internal products. Your work will make an impact on people and companies ranging from small businesses to multi-billion dollar international corporations.
- Work on all parts of the stack, from AWS / GoLang / PostgreSQL to EmberJS / React, or even React Native
- Be a pivotal leader of the team including player/coach to our engineering team including mentoring/coaching 1:1s and directing and planning projects.
- Partnering with HR and Recruiting to plan headcount, structure the team, create role descriptions, leveling, performance and goals measurements.
- Actively engage in recruitment efforts, building a pipeline of engineering talent along with learning and development programs to grow and promote talent within Moov.
- Take the Engineering team global, through establishing remote effective practices for team management and recruitment.
- Drive an inclusive, friendly culture and influence overall team operational best practices at Moov.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core Moov features, end to end
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
- Deploy features, site improvements, and bug fixes sometimes multiple times a day. We release frequently and features are constantly in development
- Partner closely with our Product, Sales, Customer Success & Logistics, and Finance teams to work on improving the user experience and build tools that optimize our Moov’s infrastructure
- You’re a software engineering leader who cares deeply about user-centric product development
- 5+ years of industry experience in engineering with progressive mentorship and leadership responsibilities
- You have a deep understanding of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture
- You make solid technical judgments and back them up articulately
- You are flexible and are able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment with frequent context switching
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team
Moov is an angel and venture-funded startup that has built the world’s first interactive equipment re-purpose and asset management platform utilizing a modern tech stack. Our mission is to create the world's largest, fastest, safest, and most pleasant ecosystem and experience when buying and selling manufacturing equipment.
We are FAST and PASSIONATE Moovers. Only 3 years young, and today, we are one of the fastest-growing manufacturing equipment marketplaces in the world. We have an amazing team with a combined experience of over 40 years in servicing manufacturers. We service over 200 customers around the world, including universities, labs, and many more.
Our company values:
- Moov FAST
- 80% Results come from 20% Effort
- Take Ownership
- Integrity Over Dollars
- Going the Extra Mile
- Less is More
- Only Outcomes Matter
- Communication is Leadership
Traits we value
- Low Ego
- Being humble, self-aware, and respectful, always
- Acts with empathy for customers, partners, and colleagues
- Learn-it-alls, not know-it-alls. We are curious and embrace change
- Moovers are extremely talented and easily stand out from the rest
- Open and honest with others and themselves
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We believe in rewarding our team and creating an environment that is fulfilling and collaborative. Being part of Moov means you should expect:
- Competitive, flexible base/equity compensation package
- Flexible time off (only outcomes matter!)
- Top tier health, dental, and vision insurance
- Beautiful, open office spaces, with a fully stocked kitchen